Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ten


Pearl Jam Album Cover
Mixed Media

This is the second piece of my Design Studio series, the album cover. If anyone knows Pearl Jam, they've become quite political. This cover is a silhouetted outline of the band members with the block over the eyes. The outline is intended to be slightly off and appear as if it is one continuous line uniting the figures. The background is watercolor to look like parchment paper. The white outline was then painted on in acyril and the colored blocks were pasted on top. Considering the fact that markers bleed on watercolor paper, I had to place a piece of acetate over the entire cover to include the Pearl Jam logo. It all took a good amount of time and lots of stress, and in the end I'm still not completely happy with it. Attempting to get the acetate to stick to the watercolor paper, and the watercolor paper to stick to the mat board, was quite a hassel. I still think it would all look better if I could have done it on the computer :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still really like it Girlie!!!