Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Oo la la


Feté Event Planning Logo

-An upscale event planner based in the Connecticut area near NYC for elaborate events such as weddings, birthday parties, and corporate events.

Just finished the logo today. As I was researching the project, I came across some images of the old mirrors with the decorative gold trim. They seemed to posses a lot of the qualities that I wanted to portray for this logo. I originially had the ornamentation placed on top, but discovered that it gave a totally different feel for the logo and it was exactly what it needed. So then I started working with colors and tried to stay away from going too feminine because it was already a feminine logo. Orange is not a color I use very often (mostly because I hate it), but it gave the logo a more ambiguous feel as well as keeping it classy and simple. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to use a completely separate color for the accent, so I used a complementary blue gray to satisfy my taste. This logo came surprisingly quick for me, and I'm really looking for the rest of the branding for this company. Let me know what you think :)

No comments: