Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Finalized


Final Lancaster City Logo

This is my finalized version. I was trying multiple colors out but I was afraid to use a darker color and pull the attention away from the text. This gold seems to balance well with the whole logo. I also added a very small stroke on the outside of the text to make it stand out just a bit more, i didn't want it to be too noticeable though. I was also given the suggestion to add an extra line connecting the two curls on the ends, and I think this gives it more of an architectural feel. Thanks to the help of a few people, I was compliment on my statement for this logo. "Wow, she can design and write."-was the direct comment from my teacher.

"The City of Lancaster is a culmination of unique architecture and artist expression. This logo is a reproduction of the ornamentation seen on the older buildings around the city, which gives the base a solid structure to balance the classic text. The colors continue the theme of representing the city while keeping the stylish appeal. In its entirety, the logo remains eloquent while still grasping the edginess of the artistic city."


Their comment: "We really enjoyed the modern and classy touches of this logo. We thought that it was a strong design and definitely had heir of prestige too it. That being said, it may be better used for something more official or bureaucratic, while we were looking for something a bit more fun."

No comments: