Monday, April 13, 2009

Jammin in Russia


Pearl Jam Poster
Mixed Media
Design Studio

After quite a few hours on this project I finally completed it. This was actually due last week and I got an A-, Yay! I also was in Ocean City that weekend and had a rough time finishing before monday morning's class. Nonetheless, I am pretty pleased with the final piece. Our project was to create a poster for our band (Pearl Jam) and have it reflect the country, pulled at random, that the band was playing in. I pulled Moscow, Russia. This is such an iconic recognition of styles for Russia so I knew it would work nicely. I used newprint as a base and tracing paper streaks over top (not very visible in the picture) along with the red shapes in tracing paper on top. The upper and lower white rays were then glued on. The three guitars came next. Each guitar neck transforms into the Russian church form. This also helped identify the city of the concert. The one guitar is larger with the smaller two placed behind it which also goes along with the Russian poster theme. The last white ray was placed over top with Pearl Jam written in a Russian font. The guitars were so difficult to color in without leaving streaks (also not very visible in the picture, thank goodness). And now that I've written a book about this i'll leave the comments up to you :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sarah!! I LOVE IT!!! <3 can i buy it from you!?!!?!!! its annamaria btw ;)