Saturday, February 7, 2009

Pearl Jammin'


Pearl Jam Logo
Hand rendered
Ink on vellum

My design studio professor is very involved with the music industry. He just moved to Lancaster from LA, where he designed many different band albums, logos, posters, and t-shirts. He based our syllabus and projects off of one band, randomly chosen out of a hat. My lucky pick for the rest of the semester is Pearl Jam. This being the first project in the series, their logo.
At first I struggled to include the hard edge of Pearl Jam, while still staying within my style. My professor was glad to see my sketches of this logo. I really think I kept it classy with that rock edge that Pearl Jam portrays. And yes, it is all done by hand, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to these projects. There will more Pearl Jam merchandise throughout this semester.
Please comment. Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly love it Girl, it has pizzaz