Monday, April 21, 2008

Drawing Suite








I have finally finished my drawing suite that I've been working on all semester. I've had two critiques on some of these pieces already and my final critique is tomorrow (all day!). I basically chose to draw different vases and work on perfecting their shape and shading without a background. It has been a long journey with these drawings and I'm still not completely satisfied with all of them. I'm anxious to see what my class will think because I haven't had the best responses so far. Most are just with dry media, simply placed in the center of the paper. The 2nd and 3rd pieces were added for "mystery" as silhouettes. (Suggested by my teacher, who knows why). 
I also wanted to let you all know that I had an awesome final critique from my 2D teacher. He said some of my things were perfect (which i don't agree with) and he was very impressed! :)
YAY! All that stressing for nothing.  One more day left of class! I can't wait.
Check back soon. I'll have my 2D projects posted when he gives them back.

1 comment:

* said...

Love them! Especially the first cobalt blue one.